Dairy products and milk make up a food group. They are composed of building materials. Proteins, calcium and vitamins.. ideal for growing up and building up of one’s bone structure.
Dairy Products Contain
- Proteins of the same nutritional value as that contained in meat, fish or eggs. They provide essential growing up and building constituents.
- ¼ litre of milk provides 8 to 10g of proteins, as much as 2 yogurts or 50g of meat!
- Calcium, essential for skeletal growth and strength. Dairy Products constitute the 1st source of calcium that’s best used by the body.
- ¼ litre of milk brings 300mg of calcium, as much as 2 yogurts, that is 1/3 of our daily calcium intake.
-B, A and D Vitamins. Dairy Products are an excellent source of B2 and B12 vitamins, but of B1, B6 and B5 vitamins too. They participate to the muscular and nervous system’s growth and functioning.
- Carbohydrates in the form of lactose
- Lipids in full-cream milk and full-creamed dairy products